Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Paranormal Activity 4

1) Same old movie as the rest of them. I heard all of the reviews said that it was just the same old thing but I don't really know what people are looking for in these movies. I mean, it's obvi just gonna be a bunch of quiet moments with something crazy jumping out and scaring the hell out of everyone (myself included). You get what you pay for.

2) On that note it made me jump about every 2 minutes. I preemptively knew this and tried to preoccupy myself, but things like shadows, creepy little kids, and that weird contingent of chicks spook the hell out of me. 

3) That being said the movie didn't really wrap up any odd ends. So that Katie girl who's been in every movie is still around TKOing people, but it seems hard to figure out what they'll do with the plot now. And what was up with her letting the boyfriend hook up all the cameras in her house? He's like 'yeah let me put up a bunch in your bedroom and stuff' SMH.

It also kind of begs the question how all of these incidents get videotaped each and every time. They're kind of tossing the 'found footage' theory out the door with this one.

4) The one thing I do enjoy about watching these is trying to catch horror connections to other movies that I think always get hidden in there. The little kid riding that bike around was def from The Shining, the girl levitating from the bed was straight up the Exorcist, and the kid getting pulled into the tub was a shout-out to Nightmare on Elm Street. The last one I caught was when the kid is up goofing around with the spirit by the TV was probably a homage to Poltergeist. For all my idiotic writing, I do think I know some stuff about horror movies \o/

B

No comments:

Post a Comment