Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Shining


Sorry bw for the delay, this weeks just been busy lol.

1) This movie was really super long. I get that it probably takes him awhile to have time to go apeshit and stuff but it seemed a little long even at that.

2) I think the whole point of the movie should have been that everybody gets cabin fever and starts going crazy. I'm confused how the little kid starts having all the visions before they even go to the hotel or what that one dude gets some vision to return to the hotel to check up on people. It would've made more sense if all of these shenanigans happened once they got to the hotel.

3) This shit was scary. Those 2 little girls were scary as hell, and so was the little imaginary Tommy kid. I don't think I'd get too scared of Jack Nicholson going crazy or anything, but those little kids were sure spooky.

4) The book was a lot better. Actually I never read the book lol.

5) I've sat around and thought about that picture at the end and I'm still not sure what to think of it. If it's really some haunted hotel then maybe it just got put there after he made it rain. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense. I mean, they've got all this time to kill (pun lol), but they don't ever notice it, so it probably has to have come after he died. Maybe it's a memorial or something, who knows.

Wish it wasn't so long,

C+

No comments:

Post a Comment