Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top 10 Horror Villains #3: Freddy Krueger

WGBW #3 is Freddy Krueger from the hit Nightmare on Elm Street series.

I struggled with the top 3 quite a bit to be honest with you BW. What set Freddy apart from the top 2 is his indulgence in TKOing people in such goofy ways. The girl with the heroin scars getting stabbed with Freddy's fingers? The person getting sucked to death? They just got more ridiculous with time lol.

And (call me a n00b) but I didn't realize that he has that daughter running around that he's still sort of hanging out with? Disturbing on too many levels.  I saw that the day after Mardi Gras this year and had to hang my head all day that I had never realized that.

Anywho, this has been focused on the drawbacks of Freddy, but he's obvi a good horror villain. I mean the guys pops up in your dreams; he's one of the only horror villains who  can pull off being sort of funny while still being scary; and that theme song of his is OTC.

Good work

No comments:

Post a Comment