Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives

WGBW, got a special post for you tonight. I'm re-reviewing the movie that was the blog's first ever post: Friday the 13th Part 6. Obvi my blogging skills are light years ahead of where they were then (lol) but for how good this movie is I never truly gave it the credit it deserved.

1) The biggest historical role for this movie was that it saved the Friday the 13th franchise from that really mediocre Friday the 13th Part 5 movie. Not that I was tuning into these movies at the time, but if I was I would've been so reluctant to go see this in the theaters after the part 5 movie. This movie is just literally running laps around the previous one.

2) I'd echo all of my sentiment from my post from 2 years ago. They rep that it's on Friday the 13th, Jason does do a pretty consistent job of going to town, and I still have a crush on the girl in this movie. I probably didn't rep that last point enough during my first review: it's really tight that this movie has a somewhat romcom flavor to it. How tight it must be for that Tommy guy. I mean, you get terrorized by Jason, locked up for the latter part of a decade, and then get thrown into jail only to be saved by the really good looking daughter of the sheriff. I know I think my life is tuning up but Tommy is probably one upping me.

3) This is the only Friday the 13th movie with no nudity, so if you're looking for some (sort of) clean family fun here it is.

4) Even the ending is tight. Given that it's the 6th movie of the series it's not ground breaking that there will be another sequel but I'm glad they didn't pretend to finish him off for good.

A

1 comment: