Monday, October 1, 2012

The Eye (2008)

1) Not a great way to start off October lol. I know this is a remake of the Japanese movie, but I guess I thought it'd be a good idea because I can't remember of another horror movie with an eye transfer involved lol.

2) Really not much to say about it. The whole movie isn't really scary at all. It kind of reminded me of The Ward. That girl just sees a bunch of shenanigans that may or may not be real. Only this time the whole point of her getting her eye sight back was to warn of that impending explosion or something. To be honest  EYE don't really know, I didn't keep my EYE on the screen too much after about an hour in (lol).

3) I heard Jessica Alba won a Razzie for this. I'm not really a good judge of what is or isn't good acting (obvi). But all the parts where she was 'playing' the violin it wasn't matching up at all with sound.

4) It's kinda hard to get too excited about this too because I'm unclear if it's actually a horror movie. To me a horror movie kind of has to scare you after you quit watching. Like Chucky is even scary because he could come after you. But here, I'm unsure what was supposed to spook you and how it's even scary given the ending.

5) At least it had a reference to Nightmare on Elm Street when she wakes up and her arm is all messed up. Otherwise maybe don't tune.

D+

No comments:

Post a Comment