Sunday, October 21, 2012

Taylor Swift- Red Review

First as random aside- was I the only one to get this early? I preordered it off Amazon and it got here 2 days early. I feel bad for all of those teenagers that have to wait till Monday lol. Anywho, here are my initial thoughts after tuning into this for 24 hours (this will be the only detour from horror movies the rest of October too lol).

1) Overall super solid. It's hard to say where it ranks amongst her previous 3 albums but it's obvi top notch.

2) It has a pretty solid mix of super pop songs with her usual sad, slow breakup songs. I'm not crazy about her 2 duets that are on the album but I get that she might like Snow Patrol in real life.

3) Omitting the previously released singles she had off of the album, it's pretty obvi that she'll release '22', Starlight, and Stay Stay Stay. 22 is pretty catchy, but I'm not too wild about the other 2.

4) It's kind of an odd thing about my music taste (well besides that it's usually not very good lol), but I really dig sad slow breakup songs when I'm not going through some breakup. I dunno why I dig them when I'm in a good place in my life but I do. This has probably been one of the tightest months of my life, so I'm really tuning into 'All Too Well' and 'I Almost Do'. The lyrics on them are really good and they're obvi super slow and sad LOL.

Obvi you know this would get a good grade,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment