Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Evil Dead 2

1) So this has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and I've seen it 3 times and just still can't really tune in. The first Evil Dead was also just making it rain on RT but I must be out to lunch or something.

2) I think part of my beef with it is that I'm not too gung-ho about comedic horror movies. And I'm not in love with super super gory movies. I get that in 1987 this was pretty wild but now I'm not really tuning in.

3) I know I'm not a history major either. But why on Earth did he get sucked back to never-ever land at the end of the movie? I mean, I guess the whole point of the movie is to be comedic and what not but why pick such a ridiculous ending? If someone asked me to explain the resolution of this movie I'd be at a loss for words.

4) I think I'm also griping because I obvi enjoy short horror movies that take just a min to get to the plot before quickly getting to the point. This movie jumped into the deep end right off the bat and then just stayed there doggy-paddling around for over an hour. Then the ending just literally sucked the guy up into a drain or something.

Befuddled,

D+

2 comments: