Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge


1) Pretty solid, especially compared to all of the bad sequels that come after this. Actually, the first 3 movies, and the new nightmare are all pretty good, but the rest of them just blow.

2) There was definitely some jitsu going on. Like when Freddy pops out of the dude's stomach. I also don't really get why Freddy possesses the Jesse guy and has him kill all of these people. I really wish they just would've stuck to the good old days where you get KO'd in your dreams and not by some super natural entity.

3) Freddy also must have been working on his striking technique. As I noted in the first one he was a pretty big n00b. He got messed up when Nancy hit him with a lamp, and now he is Jean-Claude Van Damming these kids at the pool party.

4) Some trivia IMDB let me in on.
a) I never realized that the Freddy theme isn't used in this one.
b) Brad Pitt and John Stamos both tried out to play Jesse (so did Christian Slater but I don't really know who that is)

B

No comments:

Post a Comment