Sunday, October 27, 2013

Scariest Movies of All Time: #7: Beetlejuice

Wgbw, #7 on tha scariest movie countdown is the horror- (but not really) comedy Beetlejuice.

A few reasons this movie is so scary

a) Beetlejuice is a scary dude. He looks creepy, has all those bugs and shit falling from him, and talks all crazy. He really reminds me of those guys standing outside the haunted houses that try to scare you while you're standing in line (which actually works but is the subject of a whole other post).

b) I used to have this recurring nightmare (knock on wood) that Beetlejuice was under my bed and kept trying to wreck havoc on me.

c) It is really a movie about what happens when you die which brings up that whole notion of eternity that scares the lights out of me.

Scary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment