Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Scream



1) It's a pretty sick movie because it has so many references to other sick movies. They watch Halloween, the killer loves all that Halloween trivia, and they quote that sick line from psycho.

2) It's not too predictable- I think most people have a hard time figuring out who the killer is. I'm kind of jitsu that I forget the killers in the sequels sometimes.

3) There's a tight reference to freddie kruger that I didn't pick up on the first few times I've seen it. When the principal sees the janitor, the janitor is wes craven (who did a wreck of horror movies) and he's wearing the red and green sweater (freddie's jitsu outfit). I think he might even be called Fred.

4) A pretty big turd part is where the 2 n00b killers go over the top trying to be crazy. They do all this fucked up shit with Neve Campbell at the end but the acting is so bad its hard to take it seriously.

It's a classic but it's no halloween/nightmare on elm street/friday the 13th.

B+

2 comments:

  1. What about Courtney Cox?! And you call yourself a Friends fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know why i didn't include that piece of information. #friendsrules

    ReplyDelete