Monday, October 18, 2010

Frankenstein (1931)


1) It was probably the best black and white movie I've seen. It's only 71 minutes long so my ADD couldn't get the best of me. It also got to the point right out of the gate so I didn't have time to get confused about what was going down.

2) The monster's got his ups and downs. When he moans it sounds like a 4 year old, and he got sad when he threw that girl in the water, which doesn't seem very monster like.

3) He also seems dumb (obvi I get that he just got resurrected or whatever), but other serial killers seem to learn well. I mean, he had a hard time figuring out what the fire was. Michael Myers was locked up in a mental institution for 20 years and then managed to drive a car without taking driver's ed. He even made his way back to Haddonfield without a map, but the monster couldn't figure out how to open an unlocked door. Some serious jitsu.

4) I'm sure it was still scary back in the day. He's super giant, pretty creepy looking, and can choke people out. I mean, I get it.

Best black and white so far, but my lack of fanfare for the real old movies keeps it from climbing too far up the totem pole.

B-

No comments:

Post a Comment