Monday, January 9, 2012

Sixteen Candles


1) I used to be really into this when I was in grade school. I watched it at a grade school party one time (lol) and got hooked on it. Ever since then it's lost its luster a little bit.

2) There's too many side stories going on. They forget her birthday, the geek is trying to make it rain, the dude wants to get rid of his hot girlfriend, and Molly Ringwald is doing 2400 things. I think the movie would have been better if they just honed in on 1 of the stories.

3) This is one of those movies where I'm kind of confused why the dude gets rid of the crazy hot girl for the normal ho-hum one. She's light years ahead of those others babes too (see Crazy, Stupid, Love or Swimfan). The one exception to this is obvi Last Kiss, that girl is just out of this world.

4) The whole story just generally seems underdeveloped. I mean, they both have quasi-crushes on each other and their first contact is like the last 10 minutes of the movie where they get together and kiss over those stupid candles. Seems pretty out of left field to me.

C+

2 comments:

  1. I'm partially embrassed to admit I watched this movie this weekend. The geek is pretty much the nus in this movie, as is the shower scene, the rest is just alright. The little brother is kind of funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only remember one scene from this movie #yak

    ReplyDelete