Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy 1 Year Anniversary!


Whats good blog world, special shout out to the website today for its one year anniversary. Some reflections on its first year..

1) It's came a long way from the first few posts. I still think I'll stick with the numbering system (obvi) but I'm glad it's evolved.

2) Some interesting stats for the fans

a) October 2010 was still the highest month for hits on the blog in 1 month, although I now get more hits per post then ever. September 2011 has its highest month of views per post than any other one.

b) The top 5 most visited pages are 1) Top 10 Movie Scenes #2: 8 Mile Rap Battle , 2) Inception, 3) 8 Mile, 4) The King's Speech, and 5) Piranha 3D (smdh). Also interesting to note that the top post has almost 4 times as many views as any other post on the website.

c) Google recently surpassed twitter as being the number 1 referring site.

3) I like the grading guidelines, although they're not always wildly accurate.

4) I'm a little stumped what to do this October. I have a general idea of watching some more of the old classic movies, following up on the bad sequels to a lot of the old hit movies, watching some of the favorite cult movies, and obvi revisiting some of the money ones closer to Halloween. Outside of October my general goal will be to stay away from straight-to-dvd movies and anything that Alan suggests lol.

It's been a good year blog world, here's to a tight Ocotber!

-buff

No comments:

Post a Comment