Monday, January 24, 2011

He's Just Not That Into You


1) I think they tried to run with the Love Actually angle and came up short. Don't get it twisted, it's still good, but I seemed to have a harder time keeping all the characters and their connections with each other.

2) Some of the stories were kinda jitsu. I don't really even know what Drew Barrymore's character was doing in the movie. She had these random appearances and then got with the little guy from Entourage, I dunno, it didn't make much sense to me.

3) Despite my hatred for sad endings I've always wondered why some of the dudes in these movies didn't make moves for the psycho chicks hitting on them. Swimfan and Last Kiss come to mind. In this one the chick's not even a murderer/crazy/needy or anything. She's just good looking and his wife and him don't like each other. Who knows why he didn't just put his foot down.

4) There were some sick moments in it. At the end where the Affleck guy proposes to Jennifer Aniston it's super tight and tied well with the rest of the story. Even the Jason Long guy getting together with that one chick was good.

5) Also, Kris Kristofferson made an appearance. I know he's famous for all kinds of stuff but his best shit ever had to be in the music video Shutting Detroit Down. Sick lyrics of this include
DC's paying out the banker
As the farmers auction ground
And while their living up on Wall Street
In that New York City town
Here in the real world they're
Shutting Detroit down

Solid but just missed the spot for some reason

B+

1 comment: