Monday, February 13, 2012

Blue Valentine


Oh dear lord blog world,

1) Talk about some depressing stuff. I always get into this debate with people about RomCom endings. Theres people who think that movies with realistic endings where the people break up are good because they reflect real life (i.e. The Breakup), and theres esteemed movie critics like myself that aren't so pessimistic about the world. I mean, does anyone really enjoy sad things in life? So why on God's green earth would someone be pumped about experiencing it again in a movie lol?

2) And man oh man was this depressing. There's the part where he goes to fight with her at her work, the part where they get in a huge fight in the middle of making love, then Ryan Gosling gets the shit beaten out of him by some dude, and then there's this depressing scene where she starts to get an abortion. I'm not getting political or anything, but just seeing her cry and agonize was :(

3) Whenever I grade movies, I tend to ask myself how often I would watch it again. I can't even begin to fathom how 88% of the 'top critics' on rotten tomatoes could put themselves through this over and over again.

4) I'm know I'm just saying the same thing over and over again, but how would anyone enjoy this? You have the lady friend come over, you sit down and watch this, and then I'm sure you'll both be in a great mood lol. Broken families, drunken fights, and a shitty life, I mean that's how good this movie gets.

5) And how deceiving is the movie poster? "A Love Story"? And them making out? They should've just showed them brawling or something smh.

F

No comments:

Post a Comment