Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Break Up


1) It's pretty well rounded. It's got a bunch of funny parts/some good drama.

2) Vince Vaughn is really tight. He plays GTA3, has a gentleman's night at the apartment, and he talks trash playing video games. He'd fit right in at the cone.

3) It's got pretty realistic fights. That line where Jennifer Aniston gets mad at him for not giving her flowers even when she said not to is the universal story of relationship jitsu. Or the "I want you to want to do the dishes" lol.

4) The ending was a real depresser. I saw this movie in theaters and thought it blew. Why didn't they get back together? He came back and told her everything she wanted to hear. Then she just leaves him? And when they run into each other on the street? One of the most depressing endings of all light-hearted RomComs of all time.

It's really a pretty good movie, but the RomCom's with the depressing endings are just too jitsu for me. I mean I've watched it a bunch of time and I'm sure I'll watch it again, I;m just always gonna shut it off before the ending.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment