Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Best of the (Hypothetical) Oscars


Wgbw, sorry for the delays. Been busy lately lol.

Every year I think the OSCARS are out to lunch about what actually should have gone down. There's way too many awards to go through with my limited attention span, but here are some historical injustices committed by the academy award people.

1) Best Actor in 2004

Who should've gotten it: Will Smith in the hit movie Bad Boys 2. Need I say more? Not only is this movie super tight, but Will Smith just makes it rain.

Who actually got it: Sean Penn in Mystic River. I've actually never seen this movie, nor do I care to, but I can't imagine Sean Penn was better than Will Smith. The last real tight thing Sean Penn was in was the few Friends eps where he's Ursela's fiance, but even that wasn't close to anything Will Smithesque.

Best Costume Design in 2003

Who should've gotten it: 8 Mile. I hate all the goofy artsy/fartsy stuff in movies, but this one was (obvi) well done. At the end of the movie he's the only one wearing white which highlights his outside appearance to the community. And he keeps repping the hoodie which I'm a big fan of lol.

Who actually got it: one of the jitsu lord of the rings movies. I don't understand why this movie won, I mean, the whole movie is a giant costume. Everyone had fake ears and stuff and generally looked ridiculous. I guess thats more of a problem with the category as a whole, I don't know why they have to have fashion awards for movies smh.

Best animated short file in 1997

Who should've gotten it: Beavis and Butthead Do America. I don't think there's any debate here. This is obviously the greatest animated movie ever.

Who actually got it: Geri's Game. I had never even heard of this movie. It seems like the AA are just trying to fill up nominees instead of actually seeing if the movie was good or not. I really think it'd be okay for them to just be honest and admit that no movie should have even been nominated besides B&B.

Some other random pet peeves. I don't get a whole bunch of these awards.

Best film editing. How would they even know how good a film was edited? Did the watch all the uncut footage and determine that these ones were edited the best? Do they watch the deleted scenes and determine that only the best scenes were included? It doesn't make any sense.

Best score. This is the academy awards not the grammys lol.

Best original screenplay. Is this just who wrote the best movie? I don't really get it.

I won't be tuning in tonight lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment