Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Descent


1) Had a good plot. No one has screwed with the claustrophobia plot in a really long time so it's good they went with this angle.

2) That being said, they kinda jitsu'd this up. I get that you can't just make a movie about getting stuck in these small ass caves but what was up with the goofy looking hyena people running around? It's like they took a bunch of the little midgets from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory [Blu-ray] and painted them white and had them go crazy in a cave. Don't get it wrong, I get freaked out by a bunch of jitsu stuff. But this was like having a bunch of blind one-legged cats chasing you.

3) I never really get the killing your friends twist in these movies. There's too many movies where people go on some trip angry at one of their roommates and then decide to off them when times get tough. I mean I get that this one girl sucks, but do you really need to stab her? Was that really necessary?

4) I hate those fake endings. Maybe the jitsu Rob Zombie Halloween movies riled me up too much, but does she really need to pass out and imagine all that dumb stuff?

5) Besides that it was okay. Original plot and minus the little possessed cheetahs it was pretty creepy.

C

2 comments:

  1. I will have to watch this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a book that was kinda like this...it was tight though because it had a big backstory about this whole world underground with quasi human creatures.

    ReplyDelete