Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Candyman


Trying to get back into some more of the classic/cult horror movies.

1) Really solid overall. I think part of the reason this was so spooky was the Bloody Mary tale used to really scare the hell out of me when I was little.

2) It's not as scary as I imagined it would be because the Candyman is just a normal looking dude. It'd be scarier if he was some creepy looking goblin or something.

3) I got kinda confused by the end. What was the purpose of the sacrifice? I dunno why Candyman needed a sacrifice/was holding the baby hostage. At least her turning into the new Candyman was creative/tight.

4) His hook weapon was a little jitsu. Been awhile since I've seen Hook , but that thing never seemed to scare me too much.

3 comments:

  1. You should watch the 1931 Dracula movie. The crazy guy was from Salina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shitp. i have that on DVD, judz.

    ReplyDelete