Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chasing Amy


1) As most of you who follow my blog probably know by now, I don't have great taste in movies. I'm aware that some of my favorite movies aren't well reviewed and that my idiosyncrasies are kinda foreign to a lot of people. With all that said sometimes there are movies that I think are good that I know are actually good movies. And this is definitely one of them.

2) It's raunchy as hell for a lot of the movie but has some really good romancesque parts in it too. The dude preaching about the white devil is too funny and Jason Lee is always on fire (except for that movie Stealing Harvard which, although not his fault, is one of the worst movies I've ever seen).

3) I'm not really sure why his solution at the end was the 3 way ultimatum between them. I don't know why he thought that either one of them would think that that was a good idea.

4) The endings pretty sad. It didn't really make me angry like The Breakup did, but nonetheless was kinda :(. I mean, he loses his best friend and his girlfriend, and then shows up to see whats up with his old girlfriend and they just get real sad saying goodbye to each other again. You have to be in the right mood to finish this one lol.

Just short of the A range,

B+

No comments:

Post a Comment