Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WEC 53


1) Anthony Pettis is a hoss. I think the hardest challenge for him will be a really technical striker. I think Edgar will give him fits if Edgar can get by Maynard. Edgar's not the best striker but he's so quick that I think he'll frustrate Pettis. I'd like to say that a really good wrestler will cause him trouble but Pettis showed against Shane Roller that he doesn't spend much time on his back if he gets taken down. Maynard showed a good ability to keep Kenny Florian down though which makes me think he could keep Pettis down without too much trouble. Petter seems a lot bigger than most lightweights too so maybe that'd be a factor. Anywho, I think whoever wins between Edgar/Maynard will be able to beat Pettis, but it'll be closer than expected.

2) Cruz looked really good too. I think a lot of bantamweights will keep struggling with his reach. Scotty couldn't get inside enough to wear on Cruz at all and I think other guys will run into the same problem. I think that Faber, for how quick he is, will match up really well against him.

3) I think Cerrone will be kind of a middle of the pack guy in the UFC's lightweight division. I don't see him making a wreck of moves for the top soon, but he's still fairly young.

4) The rest of the fights were sick; hell of a way for the WEC to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment