Monday, December 20, 2010

The Exorcism of Emily Rose


1) This was a lot scarier the first time I saw it. It's still spooky and I still jumped a few times, but it wasn't like I remembered. I think maybe the ghost faces and the bloody eye things weren't as crazy when you expected them again.

2) It was probably less spooky given that I've seen Dexter since then. Dexter's sister always seems like she can bully the shit out of people so it seems less creepy when you watch the movie because you think she could just make it rain if she needed to.

3) I think the movie's scary because it's whole theme is whether or not these shenanigans could be true or not. It's like the Chucky movies where all the non-believers get mowed down, only here its all the atheist people (and some of the catholics). I need to start going back to church.

Spooky spooky,

B+

No comments:

Post a Comment