Friday, December 17, 2010

The Omen (1976)


Saw this on the hotel tv, forgot that I never did it in October.

1) One of the really good older movies. It's so good that it's even like 2 hours long but I could still manage to pay attention.

2) One of the few movies I ever jumped out of my seat for. An old lady friend and I watched it with speakers right behind us when the babysitter starts staring at that dog and then that creepy music comes on. I dunno why it was so spooky. I'm not scared of dogs, or of crazy babysitters, but some combination of the three was creepy as hell.

3) I could go without all the trips to the Middle East/devil investigating by Thorn. It's creepy when the photographer finds all the devil pictures but the rest of the investigation was kind of pointless.

4) It didn't have as many scary parts as the 2006 version, but it was tight overall. The babysitter jumping off the roof is freaky, and so is the housekeeper.

5) Tight ending to set up a sequel. Good stuff.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment