Sunday, December 19, 2010

Taylor Swift Top 13 Songs: 8-5

Continuing the countdown!

8) Mary's Song

Some good shit here. It's like her first song that had the fairy tale ending. Love Story and Mine will always be remembered more, but I think this is where all the sappy love stories started. It's such a good song but just didn't have the catchiness to get big.

7) Teardrops on My Guitar


There's a pretty big drop off between 8 and 7. This song is so good. It's one of her first songs that they edited the lyrics after it got big. It used to say "so damn funny" to "just so funny". I understand why they did it but the original version of this song is money. This is also the first TSwift song that they made a pop remix of in order to market it further.

6) Back to December


I struggled with where to put this one on here. It's currently the TSwift song I'm bumping the most, and I'm afraid I'll put it too high, but then afraid of overcompensating by moving it too low. I don't think it's quite had the impact as number 5, but it's still real good. The lyrics in it are so good, and the acoustic version of the song rules too. Hopefully they make a music video of it, it'd be so sick.


5) You Belong With Me


A lot of the TSwift skeptics even got really into this one. It's got a sick beat and is money overall. Also it's by far the best music video she's ever had. All of those n00bs that thought Beyonce should have won are crazy. I mean I get it, Beyonce is super talented and can dance, but what made that video stand out more than this? This video had a sick story line, and how tight was it when they both pulled out the I Love You signs at the end? Top notch stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment