Monday, December 20, 2010

Taylor Swift Top 13 Songs: 4-1

Here's the top 4 blog world!

4) Mine



The debut song off her 3rd album. It's super legit. It kind of makes me think that she'll pick the catchiest song off of each album and release it first. I kind of wonder how she wrote this one though. Usually she's very open about her songs being about her life experiences or some event that she went through. This one doesn't seem like it though, just b/c she'd be telling the whole world that her parents fought so much that it scared the hell out of her. In interviews she's said only good stuff about her parents. The pop version of it is also super tight, although it's weird that the pop radio stations don't play the pop version of it. #gofigure.


3) Love Story


I think a lot of the fans will obvi think that this should be number 1. It was the song that really made her take off with casual fans. Even if you look at the history of her album sales, her self-titled debut album that was released in 2006 didn't have it's best year of sales until 2008 after Love Story was released. This song also made the movie Letters to Juliet even tighter. While it was the best song for her career, I think it still falls short of 1 and 2 but is still really really sick.


2) Tim McGraw


This is the first song that got me hooked on TSwift. I think my life would be radically different if I hadn't heard this song in September of 2006. It's crazy to me to think of how far she's came since then. I remember judging a debate round at the 06 St. Mark's tournament listening to this song and some n00b asking who I was listening to. I'll bet all the haters have heard of her now. This song's pretty money: it's basically her reminiscing about this guy she used to date and how she wants him to remember her lol. It's also tight b/c when she sang it at the ACM awards she sang it in front of him and it was the first time she met him. You can see the video here.

1) I'm Only Me When I'm With You


By far the most dominant TSwift song of all time. The lyrics are really good, it's upbeat, and it's got a sick top part in the song. The music video could be better but I don't think they had initially planned to release this song. Anywho, the song title speaks for it all, and it runs laps around any other Taylor song I've ever listened to. A+

No comments:

Post a Comment