Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In the Land of Women


1) This movie also looked legit during the preview. You can see the trailer here. Even the movie poster makes it look sick. It's a good story, guy gets dumped, goes to get away, meets another girl, has trouble with her but they still want each other.

2) Except the movie's nothing like the preview. Half way into the movie he kisses the mom (Meg Ryan). The preview makes you think he'll end up with that girl but then he's macking on her middle aged mom? Kind of ruined my hopes 20 minutes into the movie.

3) It's also too dramatic for me. I'm not wild about the real sad story lines and this was full of them.

4) The grandma was funnier than shit. Between her not caring and always thinking that she's dying she makes the movie light hearted enough.

5) Random historical sidenote- I will say I remember this movie came out the same day (4/20/07)that Vacancy came out and the DH and I decided to go to Vacancy which turned out to be one of the worst movies in the history of earth.

Had it's moments but nothing too wild

C+

No comments:

Post a Comment