Friday, November 26, 2010

Friends Thanksgiving Episodes 3-1


3) Season 8 - The One with the Rumor-
Featured Brad Pitt as Ross and Monica's high school friend. Despite all the poor reviews Brad Pitt got I thought it was generally really well done. Lots of great lines. Including:

Monica: Hey, what are you doing? You gotta save room, you’ve got almost an entire turkey to eat. Joey: Let me explain to you how the human body works.

Will: Look at her standing there with those yams! My two greatest enemies Ross; Rachel Green and complex carbohydrates.

Ross: Look Rach I’m sorry, okay? I was a stupid kid, okay? The only reason I joined.. Will: Co-founded! Ross: …co-founded.

2) Season 10- The One With the Late Thanksgiving-
Season 10 isn't the best because most of the season overplays inside jokes that were built up over the first 9 seasons. I thought this episode did a good job of stepping outside of that and it's by far one of the funniest Thanksgiving episodes. It's also one of the two episodes that mentions Kansas. Some good lines include

Joey: Don’t put words in peoples mouths you put turkey in peoples mouths!

Joey: (gasping) That's Alicia Mae Emory's outfit!

Joey: That's fire. Beats everything. Phoebe: Oh, really? Does it beat water balloon? Joey: Ooh! Well played, Phoebe Buffay, well played.

Chandler: you went to the game, I can see Joey's hand. Ross: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE IT OFF!!

And the part where they all have their heads sticking through the door and Joey's eyes get big. So good.

1) Season 4- The One With Chandler in a Box- it's close between Season 10 and this one. I'm still on the fence but I gotta think that this one edges it out slightly. This one takes place right after Joey finds out that Kathy cheated on him with Chandler, and Chandler spends Thanksgiving in a box in order to show Joey how much he cares. Monica brings Richard's son to Thanksgiving and Ross and Rachel bicker about Rachel returning gifts.

Some key lines (special thanks to @NPH for reminding me of these over the years)-

Chandler: The meaning of the box is three fold. One, it gives me the time to think about what I did. Two, it proves how much I care about my friendship with Joey. And three, it hurts!

Monica: Fine! Judge all you want to but, (points to Ross) married a lesbian, (points to Rachel) left a man at the altar, (points to Phoebe) fell in love with a gay ice dancer, (points to Joey) threw a girl’s wooden leg in a fire, (points to Chandler) live in a box!

Joey: Open the box! Rachel: What?! Joey: He can still catch her! Come on, get out of there! Get out of there! Chandler: So? Joey: Yeah, we’re gonna be fine! Get out! Chandler: Yeah? Joey: Yeah, you did some real good thinkin’ in there. Chandler: Man, this is… **They hug, probably one of the coolest Joey/Chandler scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment