Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Cube

1) I watched this after realizing they had repped it in The Cabin in the Woods.I do think that I am a pretty big horror movie geek, but I still always have a hard time getting behind these 'cult horror' movies. But I'm trying to get better at it so I tuned into this.

2) I thought the acting was all pretty mediocre. Nobody really seemed believable and didn't seem too shocked that these people kept getting killed off in this random cube that they woke up in.

3) It also seemed like this was an earlier setup of all of the Saw movies. It's just these people all waking up in this crazy metal cube and having no idea how they got there. This must've been a solid plot idea in 1997.

4) My problem is that there's no explanation for the cube. I realized this when trying to tag the post. It's not really a haunted house, no one knows if they were set up by a killer or what's going on. They never figure out how they got in there, who put them in there, or where the one guy that gets away at the end is going. Maybe that's why it's supposed to be appealing, but I'm not really digging it. Like in life (lol) I think things need closure and this movie just ends with too many questions unanswered.

D+

No comments:

Post a Comment