Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Buff Boxing

Wgbw, I don't usually tune out of blogging about movies but I occasionally get off the subject (see buff, KU BBall, and UFC). This morning I started watching this awful horror movie that's not even worth the blogs time. So I figured I'd venture off of scary movies for a min and share my recent experience getting back into kick/boxing.

1) Yesterday was the 3rd month anniversary of me getting back into kick/boxing. I've lost around 18 pounds since I've started doing it. I can't say that it's all related to just doing that since I've taken up long walks and I've obvi still been gii at the gym, but I know it's had a pretty big influence on it. I think group training is inevitably better than gii by yourself because it's hard to stop half way through when you're tired because everyone else is still pushing it.

2) It's kind of crazy that I still feel like I struggle with basic combos sometimes. I guess it makes sense that I wrestled for 6 years and was always pretty mediocre at it even though we drilled it all the time. I think I'm constantly getting better but I guess I just thought it would all come together quicker. (FWIW I could still put a whooping on Hardy, just not a lot of people who train at the gym lol.)

3) I'm a real big fan because it also forces you to work on your core/legs which I usually never have any motivation to do. It's also boosted my endurance when I run and engage in *other* activities requiring cardiovascular endurance. The only trouble with it is that I feel like I'm overtraining sometimes when I lift a bunch of weights in the morning and have to box at night. I'm still trying to tackle that problem.

4) Anytime I've taken someone there with me they always think it's pretty tight. If any locals want to check it out I highly recommend it.

#teamswoll

No comments:

Post a Comment