Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master

1) It's better than I remembered but that's not saying much. Of all of the 80s horror sequel movies (this, Halloween and Friday the 13th), the Nightmare series is by far the worst. This movie isn't horrible but it's definitely the movie that starts the downward trend for the whole Nightmare series.

2) I guess it starts off in a similar manner as the other ones which is solid. The problem is the goofy ass ways that they start TKOing Freddy. I tried rewinding this to figure out exactly how that girl beats him up and I'm still not sure I understand it. She like shows Freddy that he's actually been possessing all of these other kids and so he just collapses on himself?

3) And how does she start accumulating all of the other kids powers? This also begs the question that if this can defeat Freddy (at least until the next movie) why don't they always do this in future movies?

4) It's also disheartening to realize that if eventually I ever become good at boxing that Freddy could still just put a whooping on me.  

C+

No comments:

Post a Comment