Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friends with Kids


1) Pretty slow but pretty solid. It weirdly reminds me of When Harry Met Sally. I mean, there's two platonic friends who tiptoe in relationships while nitpicking at their friends that do the same time. She falls for him and he rejects her, the opposite happens, then there's some big speech at the end that reunites them. Pretty good.

2) Obvi I have a thing for the RomComs that end with some line that connects back to some other part of the movie. Like in A Lot Like Love or in Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. I totally didn't see him coming back and audibleing his pick to 'dying a slow and painful death so I can still be with you.' I mean, he doesn't say a romantic thing the whole movie and then decides to go to town on that one.

3) I think my only real problem with it is that it's kind of slow/depressing. It's not like the movie is 3 hours long or anything, but most of the movie is just showing everyone else fighting and not enjoying their lives. Not really an LOL RomCom.

4) It's kind of funny that Jon Hamm is so angry the whole time. I wonder if the directors made Missouri jokes and he'd just instantly get riled up.

If you're in the right mood it's pretty good,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment