Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Taylor Swift: We are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Wgbw, some of my most popular posts have revolved around my celebrity crush Taylor Swift. In the spirit of that, I thought I'd review her new song.

1) I think it's clear that she's probably abandoned her country music background. I know this had been writing on the wall for awhile, but it's still kind of a bummer. Love story still had a country background, and even Mine (sort of) did. This is a total pop song.

2) Don't get me wrong, I'm still tuning in. Obvi my love for her music developed when she was a country singer and I still have a huge thing for country music. I just hope that maybe part of her new album will still pay heed to her roots.

3) I know the lyrics to this song aren't super nuanced either and they are obviously targeted at a younger audience (who will like the shit out of them). But I haven't ran into too many people who have heard the song 4-5 times who don't get hooked by the catchy beat of it.

Not what I was hoping for out of her first song off the new album, but still super solid,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment