Monday, August 15, 2011

True Grit


1) I tried to sit on this for a day so I wouldn't rush to any snap judgments (not that I ever usually do that). That being said my initial thoughts are about the same lol.

2) Overall it was okay. It had a pretty okay (but predictable) storyline. It was even kind of funny at times. The part where the one eyed dude's drunk and keeps trying to show off his shooting skills is pretty tight. Maybe I'm just not enough of a fan of the Westerns/remakes/action movies to begin with for this to get too wild.

3) It probably could've obtained B range if the thing just would've ended soon enough. The drag along ending is just always a good way to drop a movie down a few notches. I mean, I get that it's dramatic when a movie's about to end and some big dramatic twist happens. I get Matt Damon getting his head clocked. But the girl getting bit by the snake? The horse dying half way? The dude dying at the end? Them having to then FFWD 25 years to just have her talk about how she'd like to catch up with him? I mean just get it over with already.

Don't judge a book by it's cover lol,

C-

No comments:

Post a Comment