Monday, August 29, 2011

Lars and the Real Girl


1) I've been hanging out with a new lf who is into the generally well reviewed movies and I've sat through a few of them now. Most of these 'good' movies have been pretty ho hum and this one was no exception.

2) It mostly doesn't make that much sense to me. I get that it's a really good 'feel good' story about how a town can make the guy feel better and stuff, but what an odd storyline to get to that ending.

3) It's kind of odd b/c besides for the unusual storyline, theres nothing really wrong with the movie. I don't even think the oddness of it makes me not like it. I think the bigger problem is that for some reason unbeknownst to me, I'm not really a fan of inspirational/feel good movies generally. Except for 8 Mile, that movie rules and will inspire the shit out of you.

I heard @jkasten liked this #smh,

D+

No comments:

Post a Comment