Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

I can't believe I've never reviewed this before. It's such a solid movie.

1) The first time I saw it was way back in the day with that hippy Dave in San Jose. At the time, Dave had a pretty bad taste in movies. For example, the movie we watched prior to this was that stupid documentary about growing corn. But he hit the jackpot with this one.

2) Speaking of Dave (for those of you that know him), it just occurred to me that he looks a lot like Billy Mitchell. Maybe it's just the old guy with the ponytail and all. I'll bet Billy Mitchell is a Kentucky fan too lol.

3) I've never been too into video games (except for Halo and anything on the gamecube obvi), but this is a sick movie. It's like an underdog story of a junior high science teacher who has to beat some bully in Donkey Kong. If that doesn't sell a movie I dunno what will.

4) The other two things that set this movie apart:
a) the dramatic ending where the wife is crying because he didn't win the contest. Some solid drama.
b) The part where the son wants Steve to wipe his butt but he can't do it because he's playing Donkey Kong. I'll bet his wife was mad when she saw that lol.

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment