Saturday, February 23, 2013

Argo

1) Eh it was okay. Maybe if I was a history professor or something this would have more of an impact on me, but I bet you could just watch a documentary about this and it would be about the same. There was nothing really wrong with this movie, but you know they manage to get home in the end, so there's not really super drama going on.

2) It's also hard for me to picture Ben Affleck in any other role than the one he had in Chasing Amy (which btw I reviewed that movie exactly 2 years ago today lol). Now that movie was really tight.

3) Had a pretty tight cameo when Joshua from the hit TV show Friends made an appearance. He obvi looks a little older given that it's been 16 years since his appearance as Rachel's boyfriend.
They also said "WHEELS UP" in it. That bumped it up a half grade (obvi).

4) At the end of the day I'm just not sure anything really set this movie apart. I mean, it's a good story, had good acting, but nothing made me think "omg this has to be one of the best movies of the year."

C

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...A "c" grade seems pretty harsh for the review, esp. given the half point increase for the WHEELS UP line.

    ReplyDelete