Sunday, January 13, 2013

Road Trip

Wgbw,

1) This was a staple of my movie collection back in my late high school days. We probably watched it a hundred times in Toromir's basement with tha colonel. Now it makes me a little reminiscent of my college days just b/c I'm (sort of) an adult now lol. It's not like we ever took any roadtrips (except that horrible one to Wichita and that one to Oregon that never panned out), but nonetheless this movie would be Buff's Criterion Collection for historical reasons.

2) It did spawn some great movie quotes. "Austin? Austin, Massachusetts?" "Did you kill a cheetah?" "I had sex last night. With a girl." "If you had a copy we could watch the copy." The window of opportunity is getting smaller by the day LOL.

3) This is one of those movies that would be solved by modern day tech problems. You wouldn't have to send your lf a VHS tape you could probably just skype or something. And you'd probably have a cell phone so you wouldn't get lost in the woods or cutoff from the rest of civilization.

4) Although I will say, it is accurate in that you could probably learn Western Civ in one night. Cramming without actually learning anything succinctly describes this one guy I knows entire undergraduate career lol.

A-

No comments:

Post a Comment