Thursday, January 3, 2013

Les Miserables

I don't know where to begin blog world. Actually, I know I'll get some hoola for tuning into this but at least it was better than the Dirty Projectors lol.

1) What on earth was going on with the casting in this one? Bruno was singing a bunch, Russell Crowe shouldn't have been singing, and I wish Amanda Seyfried would stay in RomComs and horror movies.

2) All of the singing parts were pretty smdh. The whole movie is one giant continuous song. How would you buy the soundtrack on this one and how does Alan know it?  And there was just a wreck of songs where 4 people are singing at once but none of them are singing the same thing. It's like some bad group therapy session where everyone sees who can yell the loudest.

3) The scenes were also pretty random.  It starts off with that prisoner guy then audibles to that girl who gets sad whose kid is missing. And then they audible to the French Revolution? As I've mentioned before, I'm no history major, but what was the point of including that? It's like they just lose, everyone gets sad, but then they sing about it at the end?

4) FWIW all the bw should take this with a grain of salt because I think I was lost most of the movie. When the movie got over I hadn't realized that Anne Hathaway's character had died mid-film. At the end when she walks out to grab the prisoner guy I couldn't figure out for the life of me why people were crying. They should have a subtitle that references that it's supposed to be heaven lol.

Kinda miserable lol. Get it?

C-

2 comments:

  1. "4 people are singing at once but none of them are singing the same thing. It's like some bad group therapy session where everyone sees who can yell the loudest."

    that's my ish tho

    ReplyDelete