Thursday, March 8, 2012

Moneyball


1) I should preface this with a caveat: these Academy Awardesque movies will not continue to pop up on the blog for much longer. The other day Alan agreed to watch No One Would Tell if I watched this. So don't get your hopes up thinking these 'good' movies will keep being reviewed lol.

2) I obvi like a lot of sports movies (The 2008 NCAA Championship, White Men Can't Jump, Rocky), but this one wasn't quite up to par.

3) I even like the Sports documentary genre, but this one just seemed kinda slow. Like I get it, they need to struggle, implement the new system, struggle some more, and then show that it pays off. Like a lot of other movies, I think this one just could've cut to the chase a little quicker. And even the side story with his daughter was kind of boring/irrelevant.

4) I think I like Jonah Hill better in some of his other good shit like Knocked Up or Superbad. It's hard to take him seriously as some mathematics guru after seeing him in some of the other raunchy shit he's in.

Nothing to write home about,

C-

1 comment: