Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Artist


1) What a beautiful film. Peter Bradshaw of the Guardian best described my own feelings towards the movie ""had me on my feet cheering throughout the final credits- I can't wait to see it again".

2) Actually I don't know what I enjoyed more: a) the fact that it was 'French-Romantic-Comedy-Drama', b) that there was no people talking, or c) that it was in black and white.

3) After seeing this I really think all films should go back to their silent and black and white days.

Actually no I don't. I can't imagine wanting to throw away my computer and type on some giant 1988 computer in my parent's basement that took an hour to boot up- why would you want to go back to crappier times in films?

4) Can you imagine the critics reactions at the time in the 1920s in France? They'd be like 'this is the dumbest movie ever- we were overjoyed when silent films went away!' And later generations would ask 'why on earth is this fucking movie in black and white? I thought that shit went out of style years ago.'

5) To be fair, I didn't actually watch this movie. I only watched the super long trailer that nearly put me to sleep. It would take an act of God to make me sit through an hour and 40 minutes of this.

As Petey would say, you can take this film, and give it back to the 1920s.

F

1 comment:

  1. When i was reading the beginning of this review I couldn't help but think...what the hell kind of drugs was Jennings on when he watched this...I was relieved to see the latter part of this review to find out it was just sarcasm, lol. Good review!

    ReplyDelete