Monday, March 25, 2013

House at the End of the Street

1) I know I've been giving out some pretty generous grades lately, but dear god this was this good. After undergoing the routine 24 hour waiting period before letting the world know my thoughts, I'm still convinced this is one of the best horror movies in the last few years (obvi with Mama and Cabin in the Woods).

2) Crazy endings like the one in The Uninvited are really hit or miss. When I was first tuning into this I was just hoping that she didn't turn out to be the killer, or have her just be imagining someone next door all the time. When (*spoiler alert*) I finally put two and two together that the kid had just been kidnapping people to replace his sister my jaw almost dropped. It was that good of a story twist. Top notch stuff.

3) It almost took it too far. The very end where there's the flashback to his parents pretending that he is actually his sister was unnecessary. I also haven't figured out what the symbolism of the tree was all about.

4) Jennifer Lawrence has been pretty OTC so far. I actually wanna tune into that Silver Lining movie but still haven't gotten a chance to do so.

How this got an 11% on rotten tomatoes is beyond me,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment