Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Top 10 Songs of 2012: #2: Taylor Swift: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Wgbw, #2 is the tight WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER.

A brief historical background of my time with the song is partially necessary to explain its rating.

I knew she was releasing a new song but it was when I was gii at kickboxing, so I had to tune into some youtube version that was pretty bad. My hopes were high, as the first release off of her albums has generally been her best (see Tim McGraw, Love Story, Mine). When I heard the title I was a little scared off because it doesn't nearly has as much story to it as Mine or Tim McGraw did. It didn't start off on a great foot.

However, the song's just too catchy to let it slip down the pipe. I get that the lyrics aren't the most nuanced of all of her songs (lol I just realized I had this same thought 4 months ago), but it's still so solid.

The other variables that pushed it above songs 10-3 were that (1) it hasn't gotten old on me (LIKE EVER),  (2) you can always picture someone in your past life that you would scream this song at (lol), & (3) my music website that keeps an objective score of how many times I've listened to a song has this running laps around every other one.

Really solid bw.

No comments:

Post a Comment