Saturday, December 22, 2012

Top 10 Songs of 2012: #3: The Band Perry: Postcard from Paris

Bw, it is with much admiration, but hesitation, that the number 3 song is Postcard from Paris.  I really struggled with the top 3 but after weeks of contemplation I am pretty sure that this is #3.

This was pretty much my jam from like late April of this year till the end of the summer. FWIW it took me awhile to figure out exactly what the song was trying to say. I mean I get the whole song is a metaphor, but for awhile I thought she was saying that her new bf was top notch and she finally realized that the old one was a turd. Later I realized she's still hung up on the old bf even tho the new one is tight.

Not that any of that really had to do with me tunin into the song lol. I just liked asking over and over again if Bricker got the metaphor lol.

I still love belting out this song whenever it comes on the radio. Top notch stuff bw.

No comments:

Post a Comment