Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wet Hot American Summer


Wgbw! I wouldn’t normally watch a movie like this, but since I know somebody who actually went to Jewish summer camp, I thought I’d give it a go.

1) This movie is pretty much Airplane 3: Summer Camp. I mean, the jokes are pretty much the same style. They’re all one-liners that involve a pun, a contradiction, or wordplay of the similar sort.

2) The cast was weird, but star-studded. Paul Rudd was a doofus who was supposed to be “hot,” and Bradley Cooper played a gay musical-theater director. (uhh…) It was pretty funny that that one guy who hits Jonah Hill with a car in the hit movie Superbad had a minor role, but the hot girl from Mighty Ducks played a loveless chach.

3) That being said, I’m not sure if I like the whole “sorry I’m not gonna date you, nice guy, because this asshole Paul Rudd guy is hotter and that’s all I care about” sentiment. Awfully forward.

4) The best part of the movie was obvi when the campers are all playing “capture the flag” and a Jamaican-Olympic-runner-look-alike comes out of nowhere at a Jewish camp and wins the game. Funny on the same level as throwing Kareem Abdul Jabbar playing himself as a pilot in Airplane.

5) All in all, hot ladies, pretty funny jokes, but still weird.

B-

1 comment: