Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nosferatu


1) We watched this because it was on that jitsu 'great movies' list, but I know all the horror fans always say that it's one of the ones that started the horror genre so I guess it was good to watch.

2) Obvi the silent/black and white genre hasn't been great (I'll try to quit sounding like a broken record about this stuff), but this one was a little more jitsu because they had these subtitles on during the whole movie.

But they weren't really subtitles since it was silent, it was just like a commentary about what was going on during the movie. Come to think of it, this movie was just like one giant animated story book.

3) The other problem with the subtitles is that they were in some super old font that was hard to read. They should've put it in Century Gothic (@cormatt). And it was going way too fast to keep up with. I know my reading comprehension skills are below average, but even Alan had trouble keeping up with it.

4) The Nosferatu guy was pretty fucking spooky, especially given how old the movie is. I guess I kind of wonder why those people keep hanging out with the creepy dude who keeps lunging at blood, but to each their own.

Given that they couldn't add sound/color to it, still a solid movie given how old it is.

B-

No comments:

Post a Comment