Friday, June 8, 2012

Freddy v. Jason Part 2


Wgbw! Interesting post today. This will be the first time that I'm re-reviewing a movie (you can see my original post here). Roger Ebert does it every now and then with movies he thinks that are classics and this movie is definitely a top 3.

Also @enronnie thought it would be a good idea. I know a lot of my followers (and I appreciate all of you) want me to review some movie. But most of the time it's either a) really boring, b) really long, or c) overrated. So get in my good graces and you might be rewarded. Anywho,

1) It still hasn't gone out of style. The plot's still really sick, the first 30 minutes are awesome, and the movie doesn't take some stupid turn for the worse near the end of it.

2) I caught a lot more references this time to previous movies. I will ashamedly (sp?) admit that I missed most of these the first time around because I hadn't seen all the jitsu sequels to the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. The other month I didn't realize that Freddy had a kid smh. Nevertheless I feel like a more thorough horror movie fan at this point in my life lol. The only big one (*big one lol*) that I'll point out for you fans was when Jason was in his nightmare and had that bag over his head; this was an obvious reference to Friday the 13th Part 2 where he reps the bag over his head instead of tha hockey mask.

3) I also never mentioned how much of a babe I thought the title character was. She's kinda goofy during the movie, but whatever.

4) This is a timeless classic that will never go out of style. I could watch this movie on repeat for hours. Evan @markster tuned into the movie and the movie again with director's commentary; that's how good it is.

Top 3

No comments:

Post a Comment