Saturday, May 7, 2011

American Beauty


Watched this with @markster. I think I'll take a hiatus from suggestions from him after Inception and Annie Hall both flopped. This was the nail in the coffin lol.

1) I don't get all the artsy fartsy stuff. The stupid paper bag flying around was goofy, and I don't get what was up with the dude imagining all the roses everywhere. I didn't major in art history or anything but I don't get all the weird shit like that in the movie.

2) Why was everyone so sad? He's sad that his marriage blows, the wife's sad with him, and the teen daughter is angry. I get that, but there's not a single cheerful person in the movie. The Colonel (lol) is angry all the time, the colonel's son doesn't smile at all, even the dude the wife is sleeping with is complaining all the time. Even the girl from the American Pie (Unrated) movies got all sad at the end. I don't need any Disney themed movies or anything, but just something a little cheerful :)

3) I'm not even sure what the point of the movie was. Was it just that the guy's life sucked but then he was happy after almost making moves with his daughters friend? Those last few lines of the movie seem way to happy to fit with this emo-ness.

4) The only good parts of the movie were when Kevin Spacey just made fun of everyone. Oh, and that the dude calls himself THE COLONEL.

5) The only other good thing that came out of this movie was finding out that the American Pie girl is gonna be in this sick movie called LAST STOP (you can see the trailer here) that looks super tight.

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment