Monday, May 14, 2012

The Girl Next Door (2007)


1) Uhhhh, no more of these smh. I'm not wild about all the torturesque horror movies (see Last House on the Left (2009) and I Spit on Your Grave (1978)), and this was more of the same. There's some girl who has to go live with her aunt and messed up cousins who do all of this screwed up stuff to her. Uhhhhhh.

2) Two thumbs down on the ending too. I mean the girl just dies after all of that horrible stuff happens to her? I guess the only positive part is that some guy named Officer Jennings arrests her so hopefully she gets some legal justice.

3) SMH at this movie for ruining the sister from Sixteen Candles. It was hard to take her serious as some psycho at first, but now I think this movie would make it hard for me to sit through Sixteen Candles again.

4) And what on earth is that guy talking about in the end? "Sometimes the past is a blessing or curse?" How would this sad, depressing, evil story be a blessing for anyone? How a torture movie can try to portray itself as a movie with some touching message at the end is beyond me.

This subset of horror movies sucks,

F

No comments:

Post a Comment