Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Red Riding Hood


Uhhhhhhhhhh

1) I've never been wild about the whole werewolf genre, but I didn't think this could go wrong with Amanda Seyfried in it. Boy howdy was I wrong.

2) It seemed like an odd mix of a bad made-for-tv mystery movie and some jitsu soap opera. You know how you watch a soap opera and everybody's sleeping with everyone, and then everyone's out to kill everyone? It was like that but with a wolf. First they found out that her future husband was actually her sister's half-brother (you can't make this stuff up), then her grandma's the wolf, then it's the mother, yadayadaya.

3) I know there's the whole folktale stuff about this, but really why would anyone wear the red hood? It's like a giant spotlight is on the chick the whole time alerting the woof every time she makes moves across the town. I'm no literary buff, but this seems kinda jitsu.

4) I'm also unsure how this was scary at all. Every time the wolf pops out he's talking through this stupid mask. Also why don't they just stay inside? I know the houses aren't tornado proof or anything but I'll bet they can keep the wolf out.

D+

No comments:

Post a Comment