Saturday, April 14, 2012

Funny Games


1) I saw this movie back in tha day with @Angelo when I was in the horrible state of Kentucky. I sort of like revisiting movies several after the fact to see if I've matured at all lol (see Vacancy).

2) It was better than I remembered, but still just sadistic as shit. I mean, they really just shot that little kid, how messed up is that? I'm not too gung ho about all the movies that have these screwed up endings.

3) I didn't really get all the stupid shenanigans in the movie. Like where he keeps talking to the camera, or rewinds the fucking movie after that guy gets TKO'd. I dunno, maybe it's some movie stuff I don't understand lol. Someone should explain what the purpose of them calling each other different names was, that didn't make much sense either.

4) I never put 2 and 2 together to figure out that the smart psycho guy is one of the main character off of Boardwalk Empire. I need to think outside the box more lol.

All that being said it was pretty original (minus the fact that it was an exact remake of the foreign version lol),

C

1 comment:

  1. The changing of names and rewinding nonsense was the nature of the "funny games." It was only a game to them, so they were the ones in control of the game. It's like when you're playing a game of tag with your cousins but only you get to decide where the bases are when it's convenient for you.

    ReplyDelete